Tuesday, July 26, 2016

My Reaction to the Moana Trailers

I am a die hard Disney fan. I've been working on obtaining the movies and gradually expanding the titles we have. Somehow my husband tolerates this obsession and will even take me to see Disney movies when they come out. He surprised me one weekend and we actually watched Frozen in theaters. Have I mentioned that he's a great husband?

So, Disney has a new movie coming out called Moana. The story is about a young girl who comes from a family of navigators. The story takes place in the Polynesian islands or as it's called in the movie Oceania. The story goes that Moana sets out on a journey to help the people on the island where she was raised. Along the way, she meets the demi-god Maui,voiced by Dwayne Johnson. Maui ends up helping Moana on her journey. It looks like it's going to be a really good movie.

The first trailer that came out was about Maui and gave just a little insight on what the movie was about. It made me excited for the film that's launching on November 23rd of this year in America.


The second trailer, which came out last week, was intended for the Japanese audience, but quickly captured the heart of EVERYONE around the globe.


Who knows if it was the soft music in the background, the adorable giggles coming from baby Moana, or the realization that I was looking at what Tiny Human could very well look like. Break out the hankie. Every time I watch it now, I become more entranced by baby Moana and the possibilities of what Tiny Human may look like. It moves my heart a little.

I really can't wait to see what this film has in store. One goal that I would like to achieve is to immerse the Polynesian/Samoan lifestyles, morals, and stories as Tiny Human grows. We want him to know where he came from. 

Every day we think about Tiny Human, though he may not even be born right now, we do wonder about him. We wonder about his features, the color of his eyes and hair, his laugh and what his voice will sound like. Thanks to Moana, I've gotten a lot more excited about this journey and bringing home our Tiny Human.

No comments:

Post a Comment