Sunday, September 4, 2016

Home Study

We were accepted by Hopscotch Adoptions Inc. on August 8th. Since then, we've been gathering paperwork, tracking down certificates, and obtaining certified copies on just about everything you could imagine. Our first batch of papers looked like we had leveled a small forest. We're still waiting on a couple of the city/county checks to come back and next Friday we are getting our finger prints done for the state background check.

I'd been talking with one of the ladies on staff at Hopscotch, since our acceptance, and decided to drop off our first batch of papers during a time when she would be there. It's always pleasant to meet the faces behind the e-mails and we live close enough to their office, so that taking our paperwork to them is easier than mailing it. On Thursday, I announced on Facebook that I would be meeting the home study agent on Friday. I had a sense of relief and nervousness leading up to Friday morning.

When I went into the office, I first met the director. She is fabulous and I loved chatting with her. She asked a questions about the program and how we were doing. She introduced me to the nice woman who I had been exchanging emails with for the past several weeks. Talking with our home study agent was wonderful. We sat down around 10:45 and I didn't leave till right around noon. We spoke about the interviews, my worries and fears, baby stuff, daycare options, financing the adoption, our families, and so much more.

Our first home study visit is next Friday. We've already begun cleaning the house up (more so than usual) and I've picked up a couple of art projects to distract myself from thinking about it. I feel confident that we're going to pass the home study. We have to be honest and show that we're going to be good parents.

I love working with Hopscotch. Communicating with them has been incredibly easy and they've made everything very clear. I left their office on Friday feeling good about the process. I didn't feel as overwhelmed after talking to them. Sure, we still have a lot of stuff left to do, but feeling like you have people in your corner, rooting for you, makes the process much easier.

1 comment:

  1. I know you will pass with flying colors!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete