Monday, October 10, 2016

The Waiting Game

When we first looked into adoption, we knew that there would be a lot of waiting. Waiting on approval, waiting on documents, waiting on medical exams, and waiting on our referral. We never expected to be waiting on the Department of State's proposed legislation. The feeling of devastation still lingers. There are days when I will cry quietly at my desk and seek the comfort of someone hundreds of miles away and my husband's warm hugs. There are days when I am angry, angry to know that there are people working against international adoption. There's nothing we can do outside of advocating against the changes. Comments on the docket close on November 7th. We know that there will be second and third readings as well as approval through the house and senate. We, very well may be, in the process of collecting documents for our dossier by the time this makes it to capital hill.

There are a lot of unknowns right now. Our agency has told us that we may change countries if the Samoa program closes. We're hoping this is not the case, but we are preparing ourselves, just in case.

As we wait, I am working on our next fundraiser, which will be very exciting. I will be giving more information as I have it. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment