Friday, August 19, 2016

Another Lesson from Disney

Today's Disney lesson comes from the movie Meet the Robinsons. This movie is highly underrated and wasn't very big when it came out. I watched it several years ago and latched on to the message that the main characters explore. Lewis, the main character, is a brilliant inventor, but get's stuck helping Wilbur complete a project. Lewis expresses his frustration with not being able to complete the project and Wilbur gives him some valuable advice.

Lewis: I don't even know what I'm doing.
Wilbur: Keep moving forward.
Lewis: I mean, this stuff is way too advanced for me.
Wilbur: Keep moving forward.
Lewis: And what if I can't fix this, what are we going to do?
Wilbur: Keep moving forward.
Lewis: Why do you keep saying that? And don't just say keep moving forward!
Wilbur: It's my dad's motto.
Lewis: Why would his motto be keep moving forward?
Wilbur: It's what he does.

Meet the Robinsons
Image from Amazon
So, we are stuck. We're sort of in a limbo state while we wait for documents that are needed to move on with our home study. We've run into other problems as well, but we keep moving forward.There's other paperwork to prep for, other pieces that need to be obtained and we're doing it. We're moving forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment