Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Yard Sale Success!

Saturday morning I was up at 5:15, coffee in hand and ready to bust a move on the yard sale. I got to my parent's house bright and early, before the sun was even awake. The setup took about an hour and a half. All of the items had been sorted by likeness and staged in the garage. We setup all the tables and started dragging stuff out. I broke a sweat before 7 AM! We even had people come in to look 30 minutes before we were even officially "open."

I wish I had taken pictures of all the stuff we had. There were 3 8 foot tables were full of nick-knacks, kitchen wares, holiday items, crafting stuffs, and a multitude of other things. 3 smaller card tables with glass ware, plates, table clothes, towels, and other linens. Our clothes table was overflowing and we had a whole line dedicated to hanging clothes and jackets. All of it was donated.


Saturday proved to be both fun and stressful. All of the hard work put into the yard sale was well worth the end result. Over all, the yard sale went smoothly. We received a few donations in our 'Bring Home Baby' jar. Lots of people wanted to talk about the adoption, which was cool.

So, the question I keep getting is 'how much did you make?' All I will say is that we made more than half of our home study fees. I was really impressed and never thought we'd make that much. I'm so very grateful for all the help my amazing aunt and my parents gave me. Without them, it wouldn't have been possible!

If there's any interest, I can certainly put together another post, outlining what we did for our yard sale.

We're already looking forward to the next fundraising event! More details to follow.

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment