Thursday, August 11, 2016

Generosity of Strangers

Has there ever been a day that just breaks you down emotionally? The kind of day that, by 5:00, you're ready to hit the floor running? That was me today. The beginning of the day was rough and this afternoon was no better. I came home, still exhausted, and looked into our little mail box. Inside was a light blue envelope.


My heart instantly swelled. Our first donation came from a complete stranger. I was instantly over taken by joy, sadness, relief, and an extreme gambit of emotions. I never would have expected someone who has never met me to care so much about our little, growing family. 

Kathy, who I have met while finding myself over the past 2 years on Instagram, has grown to be a dear friend of mine. Fate lead me to her and the rest of my FitFam. The "girls" as we're called, have grown to be a pretty tight-knit bunch. However, as I mentioned, I've never met any of these women face to face. I've never spoken on the phone to them, but we have traded numerous text messages, showed our support and concern when times got hard, and made each other laugh an unbelievable amount!  

This adoption is going to be hard, mentally and financially. Knowing that there are people out there, like Kathy, makes the whole process a lot easier. I love you girl, regardless if we've ever met. I could have never imagined something like this.Thank you so much, my dear @buttercup.low_carb. Words cannot express how much this means to me.

Ok, now I go get a tissue and cry ugly tears over how touching this was.



No comments:

Post a Comment