Monday, August 8, 2016

What Do You Think Will Change?


As we filled out the home study application, this question was in a series of many. Without skipping a beat, I wrote, "Everything." That answer is easily the most honest way I have ever answered. I did wonder, after looking over all of our information, if anyone else had ever answered in the same way.

I walked into the home study's office to drop off our paperwork. It's amazing how nice people can be, how understanding a complete strange can be when you look them in the eye and they show that same glimmer of giddiness over the promise of a new family member. The assistant, right after I introduced myself and we said hello, asked me to step back so she could see my tattoo. They were so nice and I could tell that it was going to be great, hopefully, to work with them. Talking to these ladies, they knew what my husband and I were getting ready to embark on.

We waited for the e-mail to come through. What if they didn't like our answers? What would they think of our unorthodox ways? Well, we got our answer today:






We're one step closer.


No comments:

Post a Comment